Carolyn Laura, owner of Modern Bridal Studio, is filled with oodles of beauty talent. She is stopping in today to offer us Tips on How to Choose the Right Wedding Hair Style!
The right hairstyle does so much to pull an outfit together. Choosing the look that is perfect for your special day becomes easier with these suggestions from our bridal team. Bridal hair should compliment the gown and not compete with it. Your hair should reflect the formality of the dress for a special event. You will also want to consider the season, weather and the time of day that you will be getting married. This will account for how your hair will hold up under the conditions.
Decisions: Hair up or Hair Down?
- Does your hair hold a curl?
- Do you have enough hair for the look your want?
- Are Hair Extensions an option?
- Are you wearing a Veil?
- Will you be able to remove it?
- How will your hair look after you remove the veil?
Styles and Recommendations
- Chic or Modern Chignon or a Bouncy Blow Out
- Garden or Winery Soft curls down or Tousled Braided Looks
- Black Tie Vintage Down Style or Classic pulled up and away from your face with Volume
Hair Challenges and Solutions
- Bare Forehead try side swept bangs
- Ultra Thin Hair teasing powder works to plump each strand for lasting volume
- Profile face framing pieces down and your hair styled closer to your face
- Volume is Not Your Thing a low bun with braids is flattering
Always share your preferences with your stylist, especially your likes and dislikes from past experiences. Feel free to bring a photo of when you felt you looked your best! If you want to change something please let us know. We really want you to be happy and feel your best. While your mom or maid of honor’s opinion is helpful to you, ultimately we want to know how you feel during your trial.
If you are wearing your hair down curled or in an up style it will hold best when one day dirty. Blow dry hair thoroughly the night before with mousse to create a texture in the hair that helps hold the curl.
Be open and honest with the stylist during the consultation.
Word to use to Communicate with your Stylist during the Trial Run
- Romantic Style Loose curls down or softly pulled up
- Polished No fly aways, usually more of a sleek look
- Structured Symmetrical, the style has a definite shape with all loose pieces tucked in
- Chignon Knot Style updo at the base of the neck
- Loose & Ethereal Messier look, pulled back optional braids or twists